Take a little time to make a really special supper that celebrates this delicious local cheese.
- Melt the butter in a saucepan without getting it too hot, add the flour and cook for a minute or so. Add the milk a little at a time using a whisk to bring it to a smooth sauce. Melt in the cheese. Let cool slightly then add the yolks and salt.
- Whisk whites to firm peaks. Using a whisk, beat a third of the whites into cheese mixture quite vigorously to loosen and then fold the rest of the whites in 2 stages.
- Grease 4 suitable moulds and place a circle of parchment into the bottom. Fill the moulds almost to the top.
- Place in a deep baking pan and fill with warm water so it comes just over halfway up the moulds. Bake at 180 degrees for 11 minutes. Allow to cool, remove from moulds and refrigerate.
- To serve, place in an individual dish or bowl, add a splash of cream and a sprinkle of cheese. Bake at 180 degrees for 8 minutes, Serve straight away with some dressed organic leaves with some apples and walnuts.
You will need
- 25g unsalted butter
- 25g plain flour
- 1/2 pint milk
- 80g Cornish Yarg (grated)
- 4 eggs separated
- 5g Salt