This dish is a fantastic combination of flavours. Very simple, but also impressive. Great as a starter or a light lunch with some fresh bread.
- First, peel and slice the artichokes. Add butter to a large pan and sweat the onion, leek and celery over a gentle heat until softened.
- Add the artichokes and continue to cook for a further 10 minutes or so. Just cover with water and bring to a simmer.
- Cook until the vegetables are very soft, then add the cream.
- Blend in a liquidiser until very smooth, pass through a sieve and season well.
- Poach the smoked haddock in the milk over a gentle heat for about 4-6 minutes until cooked.
- Spoon the soup into bowls add a piece of haddock to each bowl and serve.
You will need:
- 1kg Jerusalem artichokes
- 2 sticks of celery, washed and chopped
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 leek, washed and chopped
- 100g butter
- 100ml cream
- 4 pieces of smoked haddock (approximately 150g each)
- Milk for poaching
- Salt and pepper