Putting self-care at the top of your agenda is about looking after yourself first. Much like putting on the oxygen mask on a plane, you can’t look after everyone else if you’re not looking after yourself!
We’ve put together five quick and easy ways to begin 2020 with you as the priority:
1. Give yourself a five minute recoup moment each morning, or evening, whichever works for you. Find your favourite song and do nothing but love it (or dance to it!).
2. Build on the habits you love by noticing the positives in why you’re doing them, i.e. I’m going to yoga because it makes me feel calm and strong.
3. Don’t do it all alone, connect with a friend and combine social connection with you time (we’re biased, but a spa day might be good for that!)
4. Add something just for you to your to-do list, at the top, just one thing – book a haircut or read 10 pages of your book for example.
5. Try something new to kick start prioritising yourself. Always fancied an art class? Want to get to know other people at book club? Go for it!