The granola we serve at breakfast is always very popular – so we thought we’d give you the recipe so you can make it at home yourselves. Feel free to add your favourite nuts, berries and seeds to make it your own.
- In a large pan, measure out the demerara sugar, honey and butter.
- Place on a low heat and stir until all the butter has melted and the sugar has dissolved. Allow to cool to a warm temperature.
- Put all of the other ingredients into a large bowl and mix until they are all evenly distributed.
- Pour over the warm syrup mixture and mix thoroughly until everything is evenly coated.
- Spread the mixture thinly onto a baking tray and bake gently at 150oC for 10-15 minutes, depending on how crunchy you like it.
- Serve with cold milk or yogurt. It can be stored in an air tight container for up to a month – if it lasts that long.
You will need:
- 225g demerara sugar
- 135g honey
- 180g butter
- 300g porridge oats
- 225g dessicated coconut
- 200g pecan halves
- 150g flaked almonds
- 100g pistachios
- 150g hazlenutes
- 150g brazil nuts
- 100g sunflower seeds
- 100g pumpkin seeds
- Zest of one orange