Breakfast at Scarlet is the most important meal of the day – that’s why we like to treat our guests to a long, leisurely three-course breakfast. But when you don’t have the time, here is a great quick breakfast recipe making the most of beautifully sweet, local strawberries.
- Hull the berries and place in a blender or liquidizer with the rest of the ingredients.
- Blend well until very smooth. C
- heck the consistency and sweetness and adjust with more apple juice and honey if required.
- Make sure the smoothie is cold when you drink it; it is so much more enjoyable! To ensure this you can add one or two ice cubes towards the end of blending the smoothie.
- 250g Cornish strawberries
- 2 bananas
- 1 tablespoon of very good quality honey (we use Tregothnan estate’s)
- 250g Cornish natural yoghurt
- ½ pint of semi skimmed milk
- ½ pint of good quality apple juice