A guide before you arrive on your Scarlet Spa break, day or treatment.
We have both female and male therapists in the spa, please let us know if you have a preference.
If you’re pregnant or have any health concerns or allergies, we can prepare for you if we know in advance.
Note that late arrival will shorten your appointment time.
We ask for 48 hours notice to cancel your booking or treatment, within this time the full cost is charged.
Our highly trained team has an in-depth and empathetic understanding of human bodies, minds and souls.
We understand the effects of our treatments, allowing us to offer a treatment or a spa day to suit any and all.
We’d love to understand your needs and advise you on the most appropriate treatment.
We’ve worked with specialists to create beautiful treatments to suit you and your bump during pregnancy.
Our spa team can happily provide safe and nurturing recommendations for you — they’re here to assist and help.
- First trimester: Give yourself time to let your body be. Soothe in a peaceful clifftop hot tub or add brightness with an all-natural Tula facial.
- Second and third trimester: Care for yourself and your bump. Scarlet’s Pregnancy Journey is carefully designed to suit your needs during this time: it has a therapeutic emphasis on soothing nerves and swelling. Our Attuned Massage is also suitable during this time. We’ll also happily adjust the temperature of the clifftop hot tub or candlelit copper tub, just let us know in advance to make the change.
- Throughout your whole pregnancy: Treat yourself to some downtime in our relaxation areas, swimming pool and gardens.
All you need is your swimwear, face covering and a personal water bottle.
- If you’re staying at the Scarlet, please shower in your room before heading down to the spa and come down to the spa from your room in your robe.
- For Day Spa visitors, robes and towels are provided and small lockers are available for valuables.
- We offer disposable underwear for body treatments.
- You will need swimwear for the hot tubs and steam room.
- Shampoo, conditioner, body wash and lotion are supplied within the individual showers.
- We have a no shoe policy in the spa, enjoy being barefoot on heated, textured floors. Otherwise, bring along flip-flops or slippers for your comfort.
- If you do wear reading glasses, please remember to bring these with you.
- If you’ve forgotten anything, let us know as we will try to help.
We encourage you to use the spa facilities as much as possible. Relax your mind and body in the relaxation areas, warm your muscles in the steam room and sip filtered water to hydrate before your treatment.
Scarlet hotel guests, have a shower within your room, find your robe and stroll to the spa in your slippers. We’ll ask you to fill in a quick form and settle you into the spa. Please ensure you arrive 10 minutes before your treatment time so you can begin your unwinding and settle into our socially distanced consultation rooms.
Day guests, arrive and put yourself in the hands of our hosts who will ensure you know where everything is and what to do. We have robes, towels, slippers and just about everything you’ll need, though please bring your swimwear and leave your shoes and worries at the door. You’ll find sanitising stations throughout the spa, please use these upon arrival and frequently during your time with us.
The indoor pool is 1.5 metres deep and regulated to have a temperature around 29 degrees. A length is 14 metres.
The outdoor pool has a depth between 1.3 metres to 2.6 metres. Being a natural pool, it’s quite different to most other swimming pools: it is unheated and is balanced by living reeds and plants. It has a slippery bottom and steep slope in the middle of the pool.
We ask for 48 hours notice to cancel your appointment. With less than 48 hours notice, the full treatment cost is charged. If you do need to move your appointment, please let us know as soon as possible so we can arrange a happy solution.
Payment will be taken from your card on booking – whether that’s through our spa reservations team, online, or whilst you’re within the hotel. If you have a voucher, please make sure you have it present as payment.