This year’s National Spa Week is all about work wellness, so we asked our lovely Scarlet spa team to come up with some work wellness tips.
The spa team are passionate about wellness and have fantastic, experienced and knowledgeable therapists and wellness specialists. We infuse wellbeing into everything we do so that we can sow the seeds of inspiration for our guests. To do this, we understand that it has to come from a place of first-hand experiential wisdom. Keeping our team well looked after is just as important as providing care and support for our guests.
Here are our top six tips that have helped us to maintain wellness at work here in the spa:
- Team support: The spa team all agree that the best thing about their job is the people. We support each other when times are tough, laugh together to bring a sparkle to the day and most of all we do our jobs with love simply because we enjoy seeing our guests happy and able to relax in our beautiful spa. We provide the space and time to nurture relationships within the team.
- Education: We keep team wellbeing alive with regular training from a range of wellbeing experts, but most of all we draw inspiration from the wide range of experience and vast knowledge within our team of wellbeing advocates.
- Posture: We understand that good posture is vital to keeping the body healthy; our therapies team have postural assessments and training to minimise injury and strain. Intermittent stretching at the desk is a great way to refresh the mind and body while sat at the computer!
- Mindful moments: We start the day with what we like to call a 10 to 10! We take 10 minutes to ground, set our intentions and motivate each other for the day ahead. Whether it’s some mindful breathing, moving, meditating or even singing, we love to share this morning ritual to bring positive vibes into our working day.
- Wellbeing classes: Our staff get actively involved in the wellbeing classes – from morning yoga to afternoon meditation, we have it covered! As well as training for all of our team for their own personal benefit, we can teach or take part in classes to boost wellbeing and plant some magic into the day.
- Taking breaks in nature: Situated by the beautiful bay of Mawgan Porth with the rugged cliffs and wild sea, we are blessed with the perfect backdrop for a mindful walk to refresh the spirit ready for the next part of the day. Getting bare feet on the ground or taking a dip in the ocean has been proven to help ease anxiety and lift mood so it’s the perfect tonic for a lunch break refresher or an after-work stroll to let go of the day.
If you fancy joining us this week for some R&R you can learn more about our spa days here.