Celebrate amazing local, Spring produce on a luxurious two-night Scarlet Gourmet Break – the ultimate foodie indulgence.
Taste of Spring Gourmet Break
Stay for two nights and sample our favourite most flavourful foodie experiences with our Taste of the Spring gourmet break. This special break celebrates the amazing spring produce that our suppliers bring us each day: freshly caught seafood, seasonal fruits and vegetables, and locally reared meats.
- Arrive with us, settle into your sea view room and take your time to explore the Scarlet
- As the evening draws in, experience our five-course taster menu created by our chef Tom Hunter, primed from his favourite dishes using the best seasonal produce.
- To accompany the menu enjoy a selection of exceptional wines from small artisan producers, beautifully paired to complement each course of your meal.
- Awake the next day to a long, leisurely breakfast overlooking the spectacular North Cornish coast before maybe taking a stroll on the beach and exploring the Scarlet spa.
- Return to the Scarlet restaurant for another candlelit dinner and enjoy our daily changing three-course evening menu.
- After another night sleeping to the sounds of the sea, awake to another sumptuous Scarlet breakfast before returning home.
Available Sunday to Thursday between 2nd March and 25th May 2017. Prices start from £410 per person based on two sharing a Just Right room for a two-night break.
Prices include a two-night stay, breakfast each morning, a five-course tasting menu with wine flight and a three-course dinner.Call us
The Scarlet’s Spring Gourmet Tasting Menu is a bravura, impromptu affair. Tom creates the menu daily to make the most of the particular ingredients our suppliers have delivered to the kitchen door that morning. In Spring, that means usually means lamb, hand-dived scallops, sea bass and mussels, broccoli, beetroots, celeriac, radishes, rhubarb, Jerusalem artichokes, wild garlic, chicory, asparagus, cucumber, spinach, sorrel, watercress and kholrabi.
Sample Spring Tasting Menu
Wild garlic soup with apple, cucumber and dill
Vouvray ‘La Dilettante’, Domaine Breton (Loire, France)
Hand-dived Helford River scallops with St Enodoc asparagus
Chateau Tour des Gendres ‘Cuvée des Conti’ (Bergerac, France) 2014
Rump and shoulder of lamb with roast baby gem, olives, feta and anchovy’
Ruberpan’ Valpolicella Superiore, Pieropan (Veneto, Italy) 2013
Black forest gateau with cherry sorbet
Mas Amiel Vintage 2013
Helford Blue and Cornish Jack with walnut bread and truffle honey
Fonseca Guimaraens 1998 Single Quinta Vintage Port
Tea and coffee with truffles and treats