Scarlet Summertime Break
Early summer is a wonderful time to visit the north Cornish coast: the crowds have not yet arrived, but the sunshine has. Take the opportunity to enjoy an indulgent two-night break complete with some of our favourite Scarlet experiences: a hot tub overlooking the beautiful Mawgan Porth beach below and an indulgent Scarlet Afternoon Tea.
- Arrive at the Scarlet and enjoy a delicious cream tea, either in one of our beautiful lounges or in your room as you settle in
- Later into the evening, relax into the views out across the bay as the sun dips into the sea, whilst enjoying a three course evening meal in our candlelit restaurant
- The following morning, take in a sumptuous breakfast to set you up for the day
- Relax in our perfectly placed cliff top hot tub during the afternoon
- In the evening, either explore the foodie haven that is the north Cornish coastline (ask for recommendations when you book), or maybe relax in the gardens with one of our sharing boards
- Sleep well to the sound of the sea and awake to a leisurely breakfast in our restaurant or take the opportunity to enjoy in bed before returning home
Available Sunday to Thursday between 28th May and 4th October 2018. Prices start from £382 per person based on two sharing a Just Right room on a two-night break.
Price includes a two-night stay, breakfast each morning, a Scarlet Afternoon Tea on the afternoon of your choice, dinner one night and a cliff top hot tub.
Book online by searching for two nights Sunday to Thursday between 28th May and 4th October 2018, call us on 01637 861 800, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or complete the form below and our reservations team will get back to you as soon as possible.
What’s on this Summer in Cornwall
There’s a different festival going on almost every weekend over the summer, celebrating local food, music, literature and art. Here are some of our favourites for you to choose from:
Fowey Festival of Words and Music, 11th – 19th May 2018
Set in the beautiful riverside town of Fowey, enjoy talks and interviews with some of the world’s best selling authors along with creative and practical workshops, art and garden trails, theatre, musical concerts and more.
St Ives Food and Drink Festival, 12th – 13th May 2018
A delicious food and drink festival on the beautiful Porthminster Beach – with some of the finest producers and chefs from across the county.
Fal River Festival, 25th May – 3rd June 2018
A diverse mix of events taking place around the Fal River with over 150 events offering something for everyone, varying from music and drama to gig racing and walking.
Open Studios, 19th May – 28th May 2018
To celebrate the county’s creative art scene, artists and craftspeople throughout the county open their studio doors to the public – allowing you a unique insight into their practice and ways of working.
Rock Oyster Festival, 6th – 7th July 2018
A midsummer celebration of food, music, art and, of course, Cornish oysters set in stunning Dinham House overlooking the Camel Estuary.
Port Eliot Festival, 26th – 29th July 2018
The eccentric and every-popular four-day festival of books, food, music, art, comedy, fashion, films and wildlife in the spectacular grounds of the Port Eliot estate.
Symphony by the Sea, date TBC
Enjoy the Cornish Sinfonia Orchestra for a night of classical music against the backdrop of Lusty Glaze Beach.
Why visit the Scarlet in Summer?
- You can laze away the days sunbathing by our outdoor pool, in the secret spaces in the Scarlet garden or on our giant beanbags in the meadow, overlooking stunning Mawgan Porth Bay.
- It’s the perfect time to brave taking a dip in our outdoor pool – it’s such a refreshing way to cool off after time in the sun or the steam room.
- You can indulge in revitalising summer cocktails – there are always delicious new drinks to enjoy at the Scarlet bar.
- Every meal can be enjoyed alfresco: breakfast on the restaurant balcony, afternoon tea on retreat terrace and dinner whilst the sun sets.
- It’s warm enough to sleep in your sea view room with the windows open, so you can fall asleep to the comforting sounds of the sea.