What’s on this Summer in Cornwall
There’s a different festival going on almost every weekend over the summer, celebrating local food, music, literature and art. Here are some of our favourites for you to choose from:
Fowey Festival of Words and Music, 6th – 13th May 2017
Set in the beautiful riverside town of Fowey, enjoy talks and interviews with some of the world’s best selling authors along with creative and practical workshops, art and garden trails, theatre, musical concerts and more.
St Ives Food and Drink Festival, 13th – 14th May 2017
A delicious food and drink festival on the beautiful Porthminster Beach – with some of the finest producers and chefs from across the county.
Fal River Festival, 26th May – 4th June 2017
A diverse mix of events taking place around the Fal River including jazz bands on St Mawes harbour, film screenings on ferries, gig racing, wildlife walks and plenty of seafood sampling.
Open Studios, 27th May – 4th June 2017
To celebrate the county’s creative art scene, artists and craftspeople throughout the county open their studio doors to the public – allowing you a unique insight into their practice and ways of working.
Rock Oyster Festival, 7th – 8th July 2017
A midsummer celebration of food, music, art and, of course, Cornish oysters set in stunning Dinham House overlooking the Camel Estuary.
Port Eliot Festival, 27th – 30th July 2017
The eccentric and every-popular four-day festival of books, food, music, art, comedy, fashion, films and wildlife in the spectacular grounds of the Port Eliot estate.
Symphony by the Sea, 4th August 2017
Enjoy the Cornish Sinfonia Orchestra for a night of classical music against the backdrop of Lusty Glaze Beach.
Why visit the Scarlet in Summer?
- You can laze away the days sunbathing by our outdoor pool, in the secret spaces in the Scarlet garden or on our giant beanbags in the meadow, overlooking stunning Mawgan Porth Bay.
- It’s the perfect time to brave taking a dip in our outdoor pool – it’s such a refreshing way to cool off after time in the sun or the steam room.
- You can indulge in revitalizing summer cocktails – there are always delicious new drinks to enjoy at the Scarlet bar
- Every meal can be enjoyed alfresco: breakfast on the restaurant balcony, afternoon tea on retreat terrace and dinner whilst the sun sets.
- It’s warm enough to sleep in your sea view room with the windows open, so you can fall asleep to the comforting sounds of the sea.