Cornwall is the perfect escape from the pace of modern day living and we’ve created the perfect opportunity to get closer to nature and explore some of Cornwall’s hidden corners. Let local expert, Steve Crummay, bring Cornwall and its fascinating geology, history, flora and wildlife alive for you on a rewarding walk expertly tailored to you. Perched on the cliff tops above beautiful Mawgan Porth beach, The Scarlet is the perfect retreat to return to, with a warming cliff top hot tub to enjoy overlooking the stunning views.
- Arrive at The Scarlet and let us settle you into your stunning sea view room
- Take the opportunity to explore your surroundings: take a stroll around our meadow gardens, the cliff path and Mawgan Porth beach, unwind in the peaceful atmosphere of The Scarlet spa or simply sit back in one of our relaxation spaces
- One evening enjoy an indulgent three-course dinner in our beautiful candlelit restaurant
- The next day, after a delicious breakfast, enjoy a private, guided half day walk in the local area that can be tailored to you and your interests, be it wildlife, history or to simply unwind and soak up the location
- As part of your walk delve into a luxury picnic prepared by our chefs
- Then return from the great outdoors to the cosy comfort of The Scarlet with a breathtaking cliff top hot tub, before retiring to bed
- After another soothing night sleeping to the sounds of the sea, awake to another sumptuous Scarlet breakfast before heading home.
Available Sunday – Thursday between 16th April – 24th May 2018. Prices start from £452 per person based on two people sharing a Just Right room.
Prices include a two-night stay, breakfast each morning, a three-course dinner one evening, cliff top hot tub, a private guided walk and luxury picnic.
More about your private guide, Steve Crummay
Steve is one of the most knowledgeable conservationists around with over thirty years of experience. He’s an award-winning environmentalist who’s established many of the region’s nature reserves. He’s known for being passionate and engaging, enthusiastic to share his insights into the stunning Cornish landscape he’s worked to protect. Not only will Steve’s vast local knowledge mean you’ll visit the most dramatic spots for looking out onto the ocean, but the history that’s written on the Cornish countryside will also be unearthed before you.
*Please note that booking of the private walk is subject to availability and appropriate footwear.