What better way to warm up this winter than with a large mug of spicy hot chocolate, complete with chocolate shavings, marshmallows and biscuits to dunk? These indulgent pots are available all winter in our cosy clifftop bar, but if you can’t make it to us, here is our secret recipe…
- Mix all of the ingredients together in a saucepan and bring to the boil, then simmer for 15 minutes.
- Take off the heat and let it cool.
- This will keep in the fridge in an air tight container for a few days, ready for when you need it.
- Take a quarter of the chocolate sauce in a mug and add one teaspoon of your favourite hot chocolate powder
- Heat the milk in a pan and pour a small amount into the mug so that it covers the powder and sauce, and mix it into a smooth paste.
- Slowly add the rest of the hot milk, mixing continually to combine.
- Then add you marshmallows and garnishes, and enjoy.
You will need:
For the chilli chocolate sauce:
- 250ml water
- 100g sugar
- 35g cocoa powder
- Pinch of salt
- Half a vanilla pod
- Half a teaspoon of chilli flakes
For each cup:
- A cup full of milk (depends on your size of cup)
- Dark chocolate shavings
- Any other decorations of your choice