Why visit the Scarlet in Autumn?
- Early Autumnal sunsets are simply spectacular, and there is no better place to watch the sun dip into the sea than from the steamy warmth of our clifftop hot tubs with a glass of fizz.
- We will be serving sunset suppers in the restaurant: two or three-courses of stunning food whilst the sun sets in the background.
- The Autumn food from our suppliers is sublime: game such as venison, partridge and rabbit, root vegetables such as celeriac, sweet parsnips and beetroot and plenty of sweet wild mushrooms. What’s more we have a very special five-course tasting menu on offer.
- Our reed-filtered outdoor pool is still warm from the summer sunshine, so you can brave a quick dip and then warm up in our outdoor sauna and indoor steam room.
- It’s a lovely time to curl up in one of our quiet corners: play pool in the library, enjoy a warming drink in the bar and cosy up with a book next to the fire whilst the autumn storms rage outside.
What’s on this Autumn in Cornwall
There’s an eclectic mix of entertainment to be found in Cornwall during Autumn from bellyboarding to film festivals. Here are some of our favourites for you to choose from:
Newquay Fish Festival, 8th – 10th September 2017
Watch chef demonstrations of some of the region’s top chefs cooking beautiful local fish and seafood with some spectacular musical entertainment.Polo on the Beach, 19th – 21st September 2017
Polo on the beach, 19th – 21st May 2017
A spectacular weekend of world-class polo, equestrian displays and family entertainment on Watergate Bay beach.
Bude for Food, 16th – 18th September 2017
Celebrating the rich culinary heritage of Bude on the north Cornish coast with foodie masterclasses, 50 local food producers, comedy and dancing.
Cornwall Food & Drink, 22nd – 24th September 2017
A free festival in the heart of Truro with an array of artisan food and drink producers from across Cornwall.
Looe Food Festival, 29th September – 1st October 2017
Enjoy a true taste of Cornwall in the picturesque coastal town of Looe. There will be a range of stalls offering local food and drink, along with chefs demonstrations.