At Red Hotels: Bedruthan Hotel & Spa, the Scarlet and Create Cornwall – we are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy. We fully observe the spirit and letter of the Data Protection Act 1998.
Information we may collect from you:
- Information that you provide from filling in forms on our websites: subscribing to our e-newsletters, registering an account (Create only), entering a competition, ordering a product or booking a hotel stay. This could include your name, address, phone number, email address, billing and delivery address details and also marketing preferences and interests.
- Details of your visits to our websites, the pages you visit and the resources you access
- Details of any surveys that you may have carried out for us that we use for research purposes
- Contact you have had with us through social media platforms, email communication and phone calls
- Details of transactions you carry out through our sites and the fulfillment of your orders
We may also obtain information about your general Internet usage by using a short text file called a cookie which, when you visit our websites, is downloaded to your computer. A cookie is used to store small amounts of information for traffic analysis but it doesn’t contain any personal details.
Please note that cookies aren’t harmful in anyway, cannot introduce viruses to your computer or extract personal contact information.
Incidentally, we make some really fine biscuits which you must try when you visit our Wild Café at Mawgan Porth.
Where we store your personal data
Our site uses secure server software to encrypt all the information you input before it is sent to us to minimise the risk of this falling into the wrong hands. We fully follow the payment card industry data security standards (PCI DSS) in keeping your personal information secure from prying eyes and malicious software.
Your personal information will be kept by us so we can deal with your orders and accounts, process your payments, check credit references and detect fraud. We may also use it to learn more about who and where our customers are and to politely yet beguilingly entreat you to revisit our site or consider wondrous new offers.
Like you, we want to know that our card details are safe and will only be used for what we intend. We’ve had our system scan tested so that it satisfies the demanding security standards of the payment card industry (PCI DSS compliant).
Card information entered on our site will not be accessed by any unauthorised person or company because we use 128-bit encryption, the highest level possible. Once payment has been arranged all card details are removed as an added precaution. This does mean you have to give your card details every time you place an order with us but this minor inconvenience does ensure that it is totally safe to shop with Create.
What we do with this information
We use this information to tailor our communication to you, improve our websites and deliver a more personalised service in the following ways:
- Ensuring that our websites are as easy as possible for you to use
- To provide you with information that is based on your personal interests
- To tailor all of our communication with you based on your previous orders and bookings
- To inform you of any special offers, competition and promotions we think may be of interest to you
If you receive communication from us that you don’t remember agreeing to, it may be that we got your details from another business who believe they had your permission. We occasionally use these sources, but will never pass your data on to anyone else, without your permission.
If you don’t want to hear from us, you can unsubscribe at any time – there will be a link in each email, or you can contact us directly. If you decide at any time that you want to go back on our mailing list – then please contact us at email@example.com.